Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

What's Your Manifesto?


This morning I was listening to Seth Godin’s "Tribes" and one of his challenges was to publish a manifesto. According to dictionary.com a manifesto is a public declaration of intentions, opinions, objectives, or motives, as one issued by a government, sovereign, or organization.  Well, this manifesto is actually personal; it the way that I would like to live my life and I want to surround myself with people who also embrace these credos.  So here it is.  My manifesto is to:

  • Live by faith not by fear. 
  • Love people without judgments or conditions. 
  • Let gratitude be the constant expression of your life. 
  • Never stop learning, growing, creating. 
  • Lead by example 
  • Be transparent - Keep it real! 
  • Commit to living in community; invest in others and let them invest in you! 
  • Live with sustainability in mind; now and for the future. 
  • Take responsibility for change starting with yourself.
  • Create value wherever you go. 
  • Listen with the sincere intent to understand.  
  • Remember that it’s the small choices that make the big difference. 
This is certainly not an extensive list of credos for my life but I think that it’s a good start and of course I can always evaluate and adjust it as I draw closer to becoming the person I believe I was created to be.
Do you or your organization have a manifesto or credos? Please share them because they might offer inspiration to anyone reading this. Thanks!

This is Seth Godin's TED Talk on, "The Tribes We Lead".


No comments:

Post a Comment