Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

Living a Transcendent Life

Transcendence is that place beyond self-actualization. It’s our legacy, our gift or contribution to the world. Transcendence isn’t necessarily a state of being as much as it is a state of mind or disposition. Transcendent living is derived from an altruistic approach to life; caring for the needs of others, concerned about the condition of the world and taking action to address those issues. 


Transcendence is the third of 8 value of I.N.T.E.G.R.8.E.D.org and it’s probably the one that connects all of the others because it isn’t just a value, it’s a philosphy in and of itself. Living a transcendent life really takes a lot of intentionality and work to implement. Most of us don’t wake up in the morning asking ourselves, “How am I going to make the world a better place today?” We are usually asking ourselves, “How am I going to pay all my bills?” or “What’s the most important thing on my to-do list?” or “Is there any hope in salvaging my relationship with....?”


There are tools that will help us live more transcendent lives and perhaps if we practice using them it will be easier to move away from being so preoccupied with ourselves and towards a place that elevates others and helps us realize how connected we are with the world.
Some time ago I did a talk about moving from egocentrism towards altruism. I put this video out before but I thought it would be a good place to recycle it. How are you growing in your self-awareness to be able to use your gifts, talents, experiences and passions to a positive mark on the world?



1 comment:

  1. Very Cool Tim -- Section 103F is technologically moving & shaking.

    Thanks for your servant's heart!

    ReplyDelete